Safari Ltd. - Ameraucana Chicken
Shipping calculated at checkout.
The Ameraucana chicken is an American breed of fowl that is known for its blue eggs. It’s derived from the Chilean chicken breed known as Araucana, and its name reflects both its status as an American breed and its lineage in the chicken of Chile.
- Scientific Name: Gallus gallus domesticus
- Characteristics: This Ameraucana figure features the classic traits of the breed, including a pea comb, blue gray feet and a tufted tail that sets it apart from the Araucana. The green base helps ensure the figure’s stability.
- Size and Color: This chicken figure is about 2 ¼ inches long and 1 3/4 inches high, making it approximately the size of a saltine cracker.The figure’s coloration is a cream off-white with light brown accents and blue gray feet, reflecting the wheaten variant of the Ameraucana.
- The Ameraucana Chicken is part of the Safari Farm collection.
- All of Safari Ltd. products are Non-toxic and BPA free.